[ubuntu-in] Activation of flash tools in Browsers of Ubuntu-10.04(Lucid Lynx)

Narendra Diwate narendra.diwate at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 16:38:22 BST 2010

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 8:46 PM, Ramnarayan.K <ramnarayan.k at gmail.com> wrote:

> to resolve conflicts in firefox (cannot say for all browsers) install
> a firefox add on called flashaid
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/161939/
> it may or may not work on your system - it works on 10.04 and later
>
> as Narendra has said
>
> In most cases adobe will gnash its teeth against Gnash - one of the
> two will not work
>  so hopefully flash aid will help resolve if not and if you really
> need flash then stick to your OS compatible adobe flash plugin (32 bit
> or 64 bit)

My advice - Stick with One Flash program - Adobe or Gnash, NOT BOTH. Like
the OP, I too have 64bit and use Adobe Flash from Ubuntu Restricted Extras,
not too many problems, but have heard of issues with 64bit adobe flash.
Heard somewhere that Adobe withdrew its Flash for 64bit Linux because it was
buggy. Not sure where or whether true.

Regards

Narendra Diwate