[ubuntu-in] Sify Client

Sanjay Bhangar sanjaybhangar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 15:00:32 BST 2010

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 7:21 PM, Narendra Diwate
<narendra.diwate at gmail.com> wrote:
> <snip />
>
> Also note that the client is 32bit only. They did request me to change my
> OS, but i flatly refused.

Hehehe - sir, please change to a 32bit OS to use our internet.

Geehzus -- yes, I know the frustration with dealing with Sify..

Seems to be a 64-bit issue then.

I don't understand why they need to have such complicated login
procedures though. On Windows, it seems to be for the purpose of being
able to trigger open a browser window with many ads.. the engineer
seemed quite proud of the level of "security" they have in their
client .. :/

Please do email the list if you manage to get it to work - I'm rather curious.

Best of luck,
Sanjay