[ubuntu-in] Ubuntu 10.10 beta boot error.

Narendra Diwate narendra.diwate at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 17:40:35 BST 2010

On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 11:58 PM, Hardeep Singh <
hardeep1singh_s60 at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Hi Friends,
>

> I’m trying to install Ubuntu 10.10 beta on my PC but I’m not able to boot
> from the Live CD. I get to the grub screen on the CD which offers 2 options,
> Install Ubuntu and Check for CD defects. When I press enter on install
> Ubuntu, the screen stays blank for about 30-35 seconds or so and then some
> strange green squares show up on the screen. I’ve tried pressing buttons
> thinking probably the display settings are incorrect but nothing seems to
> happen. I have also recorded and uploaded a video of what I see on the
> screen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKiks45jMEU
>

> Please suggest what should I do to get this working. My PC configuration is
> as mentioned below. I’ve been using Ubuntu since Gutsy Gibbon and have never
> faced such a problem.
>

> Pentium Dual Core 2.0 Ghz E2180, 4GB DDR2 Ram, Nvidia Geforce GTS 250 and a
> few HDDs

Moot Question actually, but did you do a hash check on the iso before you
burned it?
To resolve this, i would suggest, do a hash check and then make a LiveUSB as
Vishal suggested. At least the USB is reusable and much less time taking
than writing a CD.
If you can wait, a month more and you can try the final version of 10.10.
Quite impressed with the N82 video