[ubuntu-in] grub missing

saurav paul saurav_paul at live.in
Sat Sep 4 19:44:43 BST 2010

hi folks. i have dual booted windows xp and ubuntu 10.04. Accidentally my windows got corrupted and i had to reinstall windows. But the reinstall was a failure and now the grub is also not comming. so neither do i have windows nor can i boot into ubuntu. i have lots of official important documents in my ubuntu my documents folder and i dont have any backup of it. so if i cant enter ubuntu and take a backup my boss will kck my ass. Please help. How can i reboot in ubuntu and get my backup??