[ubuntu-in] Need to know about Ubuntu based tool for IP based cameras

Jkhatri khatri.jatin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 06:23:48 BST 2010

On Wednesday 20 October 2010 09:21 PM, nagendra prasad wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> One of my friend is working on a security system installation in
> Hyderabad. He has few iCanView340
> <http://www.icantek.com/icantek/sub01_01_24.asp> from iCantek.com.
> These are IP based cameras. He got the required software for it. But
> the only thing is its a window based software. I want to know if he
> can run the software in Linux (Ubuntu). Is their any software which
> can replace the original software build for windows. Also, if possible
> can we run the windows installer using WINE on ubuntu? Please help us.
>
> --
> Best,
>
>   ,ad8888ba,
>  d8"'           `"8b
> d8'
> 88                     88               88      8b,dPPYba,
> 88              88
> 88      88888      88               88      88P'       "Y8       88
>           88
> Y8,           88     88               88      88
> 88              88
>  Y8a.      .a88    "8a,           ,a88     88
> "8a,          ,a88
>   `"Y88888P"         `"YbbdP'Y8        88
> `"YbbdP'Y8

First of all Don't use this kind of sign when you are posting to a
public list

I think there must be some http access to the camera ... on port 80 or
8080 .. you can use it to access the camera like http://ip_of_cam:8080

--

Jatin Khatri

Web www.khatrijatin.co.nr <http://www.khatrijatin.co.nr/>

www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin <http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin>

Phone (+91) 98250 20393

Save Paper, Save Environment.**
/*(Plant at least one tree in your life and nurture it !!!)*/