[ubuntu-in] Is Fedora a better choice than Ubuntu for high end servers?

Mehul Ved mehul.n.ved at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 16:44:42 BST 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 4:43 PM, Dhanada Mishra <dhanadam at gmail.com> wrote:
> We are trying to configure a high end server for our thin-client lab and our
> consultant advises us to go fr Fedora instead of Ubuntu. The reason is that
> Uuntu server operating system can not take advantage of all of the high end
> capabilities of the hardware. Does any one have any experience in this and
> advise us one way or the other.

That's definitely not true. The consultant may have said that because
he/she may only be comfortable with Fedora/RHEL.
If I were to personally choose a Linux distro for a server, it would
be primarily between CentOS and Debian.
Ubuntu LTS is also a good choice.

All said and done, what is more important is the competence of the
System Administrator and his/her familiarity with the underlying OS is
of utmost importance.
if the person is competent with fedora pushing Ubuntu on them may not
be such a good idea. But, you may as well opt for RHEL or CentOS as it
will still be the same as Fedora.

--
With Regards,
Mehul Ved