[ubuntu-in] Issue with mtnl3gdatacard

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 13:25:17 BST 2010

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 5:12 PM, Shashi Bhushan <bhushanx.cool at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi
>
> I have problem with mtnl 3g datacard. Sometimes its connect
> automaticaly but mostly it doesn't worked with ubuntu 10.10. same
> problem also had with ubuntu 10.04

can you give more details about the device

**
There have been quite a few queries about data cards and USB Dongles.

My only access to the net is via these data cards - BSNL - EVDO and
Reliance ZTEaand huawei datacards

on some machines they work through the network manager applet without
much hassle on other machines (ubuntu based) they seem to work
intermittently.

So for consistency i just take the wvdial route and this seems to work
for most devices that come my way. yes it does not have gui feel good
connected icons but it is really good and effective.

Try it.

ram