[ubuntu-in] sudo user on Fedora

Mehul Ved mehul.n.ved at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 14:33:25 BST 2010

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 11:05 PM, Narendra Sisodiya
<narendra at narendrasisodiya.com> wrote:
> How We can create settings to that user will become sudo user.
>
> I know this procedure. http://lug-iitd.org/Shell_Scripts#SUDO
> How ubuntu manage to do it automatically.

Not all the users have sudo access. The first user has the access but
the users created henceforth do not have the access by default. You
have to add them to the admin group.

See this:

$ id
uid=1001(guest) gid=1001(guest)
groups=4(adm),20(dialout),21(fax),24(cdrom),25(floppy),26(tape),30(dip),44(video),46(plugdev),104(fuse),121(nopasswdlogin),1001(guest)

$ groups
guest adm dialout fax cdrom floppy tape dip video plugdev fuse nopasswdlogin

$ sudo su -
[sudo] password for guest:
guest is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be reported.

--
With Regards,
Mehul Ved