[ubuntu-in] proxy setting in terminal

Nandan Vaidya vaidya.nandan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 10:16:14 GMT 2010

On 29 November 2010 14:18, Alok Singh Mahor <alokmahor at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
> I am using Ubuntu 10.04, in the earlier version I just need to enter
> <export http_proxy="http://10.10.78.22:3128<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://10.10.78.22:3128&usg=AFQjCNFOYaecrQ-ZZLpVTx8funiS--W6Hg>">
> and <export ftp_proxy="http://10.10.78.22:3128<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://10.10.78.22:3128&usg=AFQjCNFOYaecrQ-ZZLpVTx8funiS--W6Hg>">
> to set the proxy in terminal. but in the 10.04 and 10.10 its not working. I
> also set system wide proxy in preferences still I am not getting proxy set
> in terminal. so I am unable to use wget and other commands. how are you guys
> getting proxy set in terminal in 10.04 and 10.10?
>
> --
> Alok Singh Mahor
>
> Join the next generation of computing, Open Source, and Linux/GNU!

The last few comments in this bug report should help I think:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wget/+bug/232469

It links to the following bug report where they have reported that it has
been fixed.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-terminal/+bug/534225

I cannot verify it since I do not have a proxy setup :|
Please have a look !

--

Nandan Vaidya