[ubuntu-in] Fwd: sudo ap-get install with (y/n) ?

Sanjay Bhangar sanjaybhangar at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 14:27:13 GMT 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 3:20 PM, Nitesh Mistry <mailbox at mistrynitesh.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 07:23:22PM +0530, Narendra Sisodiya wrote:
>> I want opposite.
>>
>> sudo apt-get -y install expect
>> >

>> I want something like
>>
>> sudo apt-get -n install expect
>>
>> or some method that apt-get must ask for y/n question for every
>> installation.
>
> "--trivial-only" ?

don't think that works - if I try, for eg:
sudo apt-get --trivial-only install cowdancer
I get: E: Trivial Only specified but this is not a trivial operation.
Instead of it asking me a y/n question.

you can try -o APT::Get::Assume-Yes=false
like:
sudo apt-get -o APT::Get::Assume-Yes=false install cowdancer
man apt.conf may give some more ideas if this doesn't do exactly what you want.

best've luck,
Sanjay