[ubuntu-in] Firefox issue

Narendra Diwate narendra.diwate at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 11:49:39 GMT 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 6:29 PM, Narendra Diwate
<narendra.diwate at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 5:44 PM, Sandip Bhattacharya <
> sandipb at foss-community.com> wrote:
>
>>  Does this issue start happening before you install any extension? If
>> not, can you spend some time with the browser without installing any
>> extension to see if the issue recurs?
>>
>> If it doesnt recur, install one extension at a time, and then spend a
>> day or two seeing if the issue recurs. If there is an offending
>> extension this would come out.
>>
>> And of course, I am assuming that you are using the stock Firefox which
>> came with Ubuntu and not one downloaded as a tar.gz.
>>

> There were just 3 addons - Flash block, adblock and Image block, and now
> there are just just 2 with the image block removed. So no experience without
> any addon. Never thought they were to blame, so never tried without them.
> The issue happens on fresh boot when firefox is launched. Then restarting
> system/browser has no effect. Only profile deletion works.
>
> It indeed is the stock Firefox that came with Ubuntu and updated as
> available. Not updated to the latest though. Current version - 3.6.11

After the same issue repeated with just Adblock and Flashblock, I run it
without any addons. Today even that gave the same problem.

Don't know where the p[roblem is. Is it a bug (new) or others are facing
already. Is it with Firefox (Mozila) or with the mods done by Ubuntu.

Pl help me figure out how to:
1. Find more about this either with Ubuntu or Mozila.
2. If it is an undetected bug and if yes how to post it with more info.
3. How to get a resolution for this.

Typing this from newly installed Chrome.

Thanks

Regards

Narendra Diwate