[ubuntu-in] Firefox issue

Narendra Diwate narendra.diwate at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 12:59:41 GMT 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 5:44 PM, Sandip Bhattacharya <
sandipb at foss-community.com> wrote:

>  Does this issue start happening before you install any extension? If
> not, can you spend some time with the browser without installing any
> extension to see if the issue recurs?
>
> If it doesnt recur, install one extension at a time, and then spend a
> day or two seeing if the issue recurs. If there is an offending
> extension this would come out.
>
> And of course, I am assuming that you are using the stock Firefox which
> came with Ubuntu and not one downloaded as a tar.gz.

There were just 3 addons - Flash block, adblock and Image block, and now
there are just just 2 with the image block removed. So no experience without
any addon. Never thought they were to blame, so never tried without them.
The issue happens on fresh boot when firefox is launched. Then restarting
system/browser has no effect. Only profile deletion works.

It indeed is the stock Firefox that came with Ubuntu and updated as
available. Not updated to the latest though. Current version - 3.6.11

Regards

Narendra Diwate