[ubuntu-in] New Logo poll

Vishnoo vish at ubuntu.com
Sat Nov 13 08:23:18 GMT 2010

On Sat, 2010-11-13 at 13:00 +0530, Maitraya Bhattacharyya wrote:
> Hi everyone, vote for the new Ubuntu-in logo.
>

> To do so, go here:
> http://polldaddy.com/poll/4079461/
>

> or my blog
> http://openfreedom.wordpress.com/2010/11/13/ubuntu-india-new-logo/

Great start!
One odd thing i noticed was why was 5 not split as 5a and 5b ? How does
one choose either of them? Or was that not even in the running.. ;-)

> Poll closes on 20th Nov.

If this is going to be the final logo for a while, I dont think we
should to be in a hurry to finalize the logo yet.

While the current submissions are done in one size, a lot of other
variants need to be considered.
- Where are all the places we expect the logo to be used?
[Websites,favicons,T-shirts,posters,banners,..?]
- How do we use for different backgrounds?
- How well does it scale for all those sizes and does it still remain
distinct?
- Do we use the logo in combination with the words "Ubuntu-in" or
"Ubuntu-India" or "Ubuntu" (if used with the words logo is placed where)
or just the logo..?

--
Cheers,
Vish