[ubuntu-in] [Website] India-centric support options on front page

Aanjhan R aanjhan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 14:59:37 GMT 2010

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 2:33 PM, Nitesh Mistry <mailbox at mistrynitesh.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 02:09:18PM +0100, Aanjhan R wrote:
>> Just a random thought. Can we come up with a mobile version of the site as well?
>
> Sounds really great! Like if someone is not able to access internet from the
> computer, he/she can access the site and its resources from his mobile phone and
> get help. Though I wonder, how many people really do that right now (probably
> because no one has provided such thing yet). If the effort/benefit ratio is not
> very high, and if we have someone who can come forward to do this, it will be awesome.

For e.g. for my website I have installed wptouch plugin [1] so the
plugin does the job of *re-structuring* the site if accessed from an
iP* device. Similar plugins should be available that could be a
starting point and not much effort either. Then we could customise it
as someone volunteers ;-)

[1] http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wptouch/

Regards,
Aanjhan