[ubuntu-in] Problem with "Places"

Abhishek Amberkar [अभिषेक] abhishek.amberkar at gmail.com
Wed May 26 12:11:03 BST 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 9:06 AM, Moz <listmoz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I recently upgraded from Hardy to Lucid on my desktop (2 GB RAM, 64 bit). I
> have separate / and /home partitions. When I started the machine, things
> worked fine except that it had older themes and so on. However, the biggest
> problem is when I click on "Places" and then some folder from there, VLC
> starts and tries to play every file in that folder. I tried to find how to
> change that, but could not. Could someone suggest a way to rectify this?

You should try to change the application associated with that
particular action. Try checking properties on right clicking over the
folder.
And I guess just like KDE, GNOME must be keeping the changes in some
folder like ~/.gnome or so. (I am a KDE user.. so not sure about the
location of the folder). Try renaming / removing that folder to get
new settings of Lucid.

--
With Regards
Abhishek Amberkar