[ubuntu-in] open office crash

Nitesh Mistry mailbox at mistrynitesh.net
Sun May 23 15:41:02 BST 2010

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 07:03:31PM +0530, nikhil n wrote:
> Dear friends at ubuntu forum,
>
> I am a new user of Ubuntu and using 9.10.
>
> I am happily hooked on.
>
> Last evening while working on the open office word processor it
> suddenly crashed.  Ever since, it is in the recovery mode and does not
> close or recover.
>
> I am kind of lost. Can any one help me through this

Hi Nikhil,

We will need some more information to be able to help you. Can you
please list your last actions just before this problem occurred? Can you
also let us know of the error messages, if any, that you get when you
try to close the application, or when starting a new instance of the
program?

All the while I am assuming that you are having problem only with the
openoffice-writer and the remaining system (i.e. all other programs like
firefox, file-browser, etc) are working fine.

In case of any clarifications, feel free to ask, and we will try our
best to help you enjoy ubuntu better.

You might also want to share if you are new only to Ubuntu or to Linux
itself, so that we might be able to better guide you.

Regards,
Nitesh