[ubuntu-in] gmail as a filesystem

Ashutosh Rishi Ranjan ashutoshrishi92 at gmail.com
Fri May 14 13:50:30 BST 2010

On 14 May 2010 17:40, stranger in black..... <gnuise at gmail.com> wrote:
> In the earlier versions of ubuntu, gmail can be mounted as a filesystem. But
> from Karmic onwards (citation needed), it is not so easy to mount gmail fs.
>
> Is there any way to mount gmailfs in lucid?

I don't know if this is the solution but as far as I have heard, Gmail
filesystem no longer works with the latest Gmail interfaces. Because
its constantly changing. And reading from the creator's blog: "It will
not be maintained in the future".

But then somebody adapted it to use python's imaplib to get it
working. Here it is:
http://sr71.net/projects/gmailfs/

Ashutosh Rishi
Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish