[ubuntu-in] Screen Brightness problem

Jkhatri khatri.jatin at gmail.com
Mon May 10 16:50:33 BST 2010

On Monday 10 May 2010 07:17 PM, Nitesh Mistry wrote:
> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 11:10:45AM +0530, Jkhatri wrote:
>
>> I've one question in my mind ... I've installed ubuntu 10.04 last night
>> on my Dell Inspiron 1564 all works fine but the screen brightness,
>>
>> on power management preferences on AC power tab  there is a option to
>> set the screen brightness , but not in battery power tab !!! ( is it a
>> bug ?)
>>
>> my question is how do I set screen brightness to zero (0)/ as low as
>> possible ??? ( I wanna set the brightness to low on both mode AV and
>> Battery )
>>
> Sorry for not answering the question (don't have one in fact :(
> ) but instead asking another one - are the 'fn + brightness up/down'
> working?
>

> Regards,
> Nitesh

Thnx  Nitesh

'fn + brightness up/down ' works fine ......but  I've to do that
exercise every-time I boot or reboot the machine. thats the problem

should I submit a bug for  battery power tab  option on power management
preferences ????

--

Jatin Khatri

Web www.khatrijatin.co.nr <http://www.khatrijatin.co.nr/>

www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin <http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin>

Phone (+91) 98250 20393

Save Paper, Save Environment.**
/*(Plant at least one tree in your life and nurture it !!!)*/