[ubuntu-in] Lucid installations without internet

Moz listmoz at gmail.com
Wed May 5 06:24:28 BST 2010

Hello All,

I have recently installed Lucid on a 64 bit computer, but I do not
have internet access at the speeds I need to install the additional
softwares I need. So I went to synaptic and selected all the softwares
I want to install and then clicked on apply, thus I got links to all
the files I need to download. A friend is downloading these files at a
broadband connection. I will install these files with

sudo dpkg -i *.deb

I now need to install it on 2 other 64 bit computers, and create
identical installations. So I can use these downloads many times over.

Is there anything wrong with following this method?

Regards

Moz