[ubuntu-in] [FYI] Ubuntu 10.04 LTS & Updates

chaitanya ambaselkar chai.tanya19 at gmail.com
Mon May 3 16:41:29 BST 2010

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 11:09 PM, Onkar Shinde <onkarshinde at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 11:32 AM, chaitanya ambaselkar
> <chai.tanya19 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > They are talking about grub issue with dual booting Lucid with other
> > operating systems including other Linux distributions, but I do not have
> any
> > other operating system on the machine not even other flavors of Linux. I
> > solely use Ubuntu. Nothing else. But I will still update grub once I am
> in
> > the office tomorrow and will post the consequences later in the day by
> > evening.
>
> Chaitanya,
>
> Please follow mailing list guidelines and do not break flow of the
> conversation. Also strip unnecessary text while replying.
>
> The reason you do not see grub menu is because to reduce unnecessary
> delay in loading the OS in single boot setups. You can press shift key
> while booting to show grub menu.
>

> Onkar

Ok. Sorry about that. Hiding grub menu is ok. Will look into it. But I still
can not see the splash screen while system boots. But it just shows up while
system shuts down or reboots. And this does seem a bit weird. I used grub2
with Ubuntu Karmic and Grub menu did show as well as the splash screen. And
the showing or hiding the splash screen should not make much of a
difference.
Anyhow, thanks for helping.