[ubuntu-in] [FYI] Ubuntu 10.04 LTS & Updates

chaitanya ambaselkar chai.tanya19 at gmail.com
Sun May 2 07:02:14 BST 2010

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 11:13 AM, ashish makani <ashish.makani at gmail.com>wrote:

> abt chaitanya's issue of not seeing the grub menu, from the lifehacker
> 10.04 review article,
> The Best Improvements in Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx<http://lifehacker.com/5527259/the-best-improvements-in-ubuntu-1004-lucid-lynx>
>
> http://lifehacker.com/5527259/the-best-improvements-in-ubuntu-1004-lucid-lynx
>
> {{
> *Update:* Phoronix, among other blogs, is noting a critical bug<http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODE5Ng>that will affect some users of certain Ubuntu distributions—namely, boot
> options for non-Ubuntu partitions can stop working. The fix is to run sudo
> update-grub from a terminal, or after hitting Alt+F2 for a prompt, and
> Ubuntu is working on "re-spinning" the ISO images that are affected.
> }}
>
> more details @
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODE5Ng
>
> details of the bug @
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/570765

They are talking about grub issue with dual booting Lucid with other
operating systems including other Linux distributions, but I do not have any
other operating system on the machine not even other flavors of Linux. I
solely use Ubuntu. Nothing else. But I will still update grub once I am in
the office tomorrow and will post the consequences later in the day by
evening.