[ubuntu-in] grub issues in karmic

Parin Sharma parin.sharma at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 06:10:45 BST 2010

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 11:39 PM, Hrishikesh Murali <
hrishikeshmurali88 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 4:48 PM, Moz <listmoz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> So there are two other additional lines apart from what you sent, which
>> are the search and drivemap commands. And the computer does not boot to XP
>> with this. I have no idea how to edit so that it could boot to XP.
>>

> Delete the two lines and try! To edit, go to a terminal and type:
>
> $ sudo vim /boot/grub/grub.cfg

The main menu file, */boot/grub/grub.cfg*, is not meant to be edited, even
by 'root'.
Please read more in documentation here <http://bit.ly/aUYpOt>

and if you want to add a new menu entry add it in /etc/grub.d/40_custom
(which is meant for user entries in grub2)

> --
> Thanks and Regards,
> Hrishikesh Murali

Parin Sharma