[ubuntu-in] If not Ubuntu then what

Ninad Pundalik ninadsp16289 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 17:54:37 GMT 2010

Hi,

On 24 March 2010 22:56, Amarendra Kumar <er.amar at gmail.com> wrote:
> No big deal huh.. I will put it back on the right. And I will start liking
> the new logos and design elements I hope. And there will be Arch in my
> system now, replacing fedora. This time I think I should try sth other than
> Gnome (not KDE).

I'd love to see some reviews on the current state of the Enlightenment
project.  E17 and gOS 2.0 had done a lot of things beautifully about
two years ago, and I spent quite a few comfortable and happy months in
that environment.  You might want to try it out if it still has a
decent support base.

There's one thing about the 2 big DEs, KDE and GNOME, which is the
wide range of utility applications that exist for them, which make our
life easier.  I can't live without things like K/Glipper, Amarok and
the keyboard shortcuts (yes, I can get used to new ones over a period
of a month, but it's still time consuming and confusing at the
beginning).

Would like to hear the views of other list members on this thread.
It's been just 4-5 of us over the last 3 or so days on this thread.

Ninad S. Pundalik
http://twitter.com/ni_nad
http://ninadpundalik.co.cc/blog
GPG Key Fingerprint: 2DF7 B856 C75E C9F9 0504 C0EF D456 1946 7C45 2C69