[ubuntu-in] If not Ubuntu then what

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 17:30:41 GMT 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 1:25 PM, Ashutosh Rishi Ranjan
<ashutoshrishi92 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I love Ubuntu because frankly till now I have had no objections to
> Canonical's decisions. I weigh their decisions in terms of its effect
> on new users not me because I know that the decision won't really
> affect me because I can choose what I want after installing the
> default. Canonical does not enforce but merely makes their decisions
> idiot-proof.

I missed an important point in my original  mail but here is one of the crux

What if, just thing about it, what if Canonical asked you to pay. A La
Novell and Closed Suse (as opposed to open suse) or Red Hat

This (at another level) is also applicable to Gmail (and other google services)

Yes people would migrate , maybe, but would you pay. I wouldn't , not
because its about the money because actually i am willing to pay for
services. which is what the open source model offers.

ram