[ubuntu-in] internet not working

BHARATH MURTHY actionist at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 14:30:05 GMT 2010

i changed my wired bsnl connection to proxy settings because I needed
to connect to a university internet service. But when I wanted to
reconnect to my wired connection back home, it doesn't connect. I
suspect that proxy settings are still operating inspite of my changing
it back to 'direct internet connection' in the 'network proxy' in
system>preferences. I use Ubuntu 9.04. However, when I use a Live CD,
I am able to connect, and so I can send this email.

Whats wrong here?

--
www.comixindia.com

www.number21pix.in