[ubuntu-in] OT - advise on A3 printer, and projector etc

Prakash Advani prakash at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 2 18:36:46 GMT 2010

On Tuesday 02 March 2010 11:22 PM, Ramnarayan.K wrote:
> Hi
>
> This is OT but because this is tech list and has people with diverse
> experiences am taken the chance of asking for your advise on Linux
> (Ubuntu) compatible hardware
>
> First a decent A3 printer - don't know if there are a3 printer copies
> fax devices but any knowledge of that would be nice

HP usually has good hardware support and offlate Epson also has good
drives, pick what you like. If its several printers, I could connect you
with Epson guys and they may be able to verify.

You can also verify at: OpenPrinting
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/openprinting
> Second - a decent projector - low on power consumption high on
> brightness (for day light use)

Most projects work out of the box, compatibility issues is usually to do
with graphic display support on the notebook.
> Finally has any one heard of the Direct Ink Injection System - a
> hardware hack where large external ink tanks are connected to a color
> inkjet printer. This considerably reduces the cost of the ink for the
> printers. I saw this recently on a HP 8000 series 5 tank color inkjet
> printer.

I have seen this, and works out very cheap, although initial costs are
high. I haven't used them so can't recommend a brand. No compatibility
issues with Ubuntu :)

--
Prakash Advani | http://cityblogger.com