[ubuntu-in] ubuntu9.04 authentication failed -to go to root.

निशांत / Nishant nishantsharma.in at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 11:28:32 BST 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Sriranga(77yrsold)
<withblessings at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am facing problem of authentication of password. extract of terminal is
> reproduced below:
>
> sriranga at ubuntu:~$ cd tesseract-ocr-read-only-408/
> sriranga at ubuntu:~/tesseract-
> ocr-read-only-408$ su
> Password:
> su: Authentication failure
> sriranga at ubuntu:~/tesseract-ocr-read-only-408$

Instead of su, use "sudo bash" to become root on a shell console. When
prompted for password, give your own password and you should be root.

regards,
Nishant

--
How about some patent on "(a+b)2 = a2+2ab+b2". Choose free software!
http://www.nishants.net