[ubuntu-in] Sify Broadband Internet

Narendra Diwate narendra.diwate at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 11:43:47 BST 2010

Hi

I am a user of Sify Broadband and am facing a problem for the past few days.
So this issue is for those of you that have experience with Sify.

I was accessing Sify thru a web login, i.e thru browser instead of a Sify
client program that is normally installed on Win Machines. Recently however
they have disabled web login and have forced me to use the linux version of
the Sify client. This client however does not work on my machine and returns
the error *"error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.4: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory"*

Now I have libssl.so.0.9.8 and is have linked to libssl.so.4. However it
still refuses to work.

FWIW I have Ubuntu Lucid 64bit, fully updated.

Anyone has an idea how to resolve this.

Regards

Narendra Diwate