[ubuntu-in] Problem (*.exe files Ubuntu India Local Community <ubuntu-in at lists.ubuntu.com>being created)

Narendra Diwate narendra.diwate at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 07:06:10 BST 2010

This thread is something that i will like to see develop. I too use USB
drives between XP and  UBUNTU and do see foldername. exe files in the USB
when i plug it in Ubuntu. I do delete them incl the autorun.ini files.

@To the OP: Do you have a dual boot setup or a Virtual machine install of
Ubuntu. If your /home or /root is shared between XP and Ubuntu using
something like fsdriver or ext2fsd then yes all the drives/folders that are
readable/writable from XP will have the virus. Else NO.

Regards

Narendra Diwate