[ubuntu-in] The Ubuntu Hanging on Desktop

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 04:24:14 BST 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 11:36 PM, Mehdi <akrinar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Friends
>
> Actually i try to install the Linux Version 9.10 and also 10.4 LTS on the
> one system in office,

So which one did you install, or did you install both ?? - if so how .
Are they installed inside windows ??

Please open a terminal (applications - accessories - terminal) and use
the following command
df -h

post the results here (use the file menu of the terminal to copy the
selected output))

> The install done without any problem but after
> sometimes when we are working on linux in any software and when we are using
> internet, also when we are not working with linux( In any condition
> automatically it hanging) and we should restart the PC. in below i give the
> Desktop configuration:

What specific software are you using ,

some times if the system has not been updated, then some software
don't do so well, Esp if partial updates have been done.
Problems (i have seen are on)
1. Firefox, -
2. open Office

3. While on the internet are you trying to access heavy files (video,
large images, music etc)

Second
 What are the exact symptoms of the freeze --Is it the greying over of
the open windows ??

Have you let you system be for a while

Last
-have you tried using force quit to kill an app not responding ?? (add
force quit icon to your panel using right click button and add to
panel)

ram