[ubuntu-in] Unique Firefox Problem

VK technife at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 06:39:51 BST 2010

> Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 06:50:25 +0530
> From: Mallikarjun(?????????????) 	<mallik.v.arjun at gmail.com>
> Subject: [ubuntu-in] Unique Firefox Problem
> To: Ubuntu India Local Community<ubuntu-in at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Dear Friends,
>    I think I have unique problem with firefox, once I start firefox and
> use Internet, Internet will not work properly, sometime pages load and
> sometimes doesn't.
> While this happens, I am able to ping the website... What do you think
> the problem is??? Any suggestions???
> ---
> Mallikarjun

Yesterday (09-Jun-10) I had a similar experience,
with MTNL (Mumbai, adsl broadband) internet access.
Fortuniately I tracked the issue to this:
The ISP's DNS server IPs had been changed
(from 59.185.0.50 to 59.185.3.10).
The moment I changed my adsl-router DNS settings to follow
the ISP's DNS values (instead of the earlier hard-coded
IPs) the problem was resolved. Please note that the
hard-coded DNS values had been working for a very
long time, perhaps at least six months or more.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
TechNife