[ubuntu-in] Gnome panel disappears after clicking shutdown icon

Manohar Bhattarai manoharbhattarai at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 13:31:07 BST 2010

Hi all,

 I am using Ubuntu8.04 and it showed me some updates (by automatic update
manager icon). I updated the system and it has new kernel update too (as now
i can see it in boot menu at startup). It recommended restart as it asks
after every crucial updates, and i did it.
Now a problem has occurred that whenever i click the shutdown icon on the
upper right corner or from System>Quit... Then my all gnome panels
disappear. I have set gnome on all the four sides of my desktop and they are
set to transparent.

What may be the problem? Is the new update unstable? I think so. Then what
should I do now? Everytime i have to press CTRL+ALT+Backspace to shutdown or
log off.

I think one way is to use the previous kernel (second on the boot menu). But
how can i use the updated version after removing this bug?
Please help.

Manohar Bhattarai (मनोहर भट्टराई)
Blogs:
http://manoharbhattarai.wordpress.com/