[ubuntu-in] External USB hard disk not recognised after a power failure during operation

Narendra Diwate narendra.diwate at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 07:27:14 BST 2010

If Ubuntu is unable to detect it then something seriously bad should have
happened. I too have a Portable HD that went kaput in a similar fashion in
Windows and I have been unable to recover the data from it.

Though i have no solution to this issue i would be keenly watching this to
see how it pans out.
Just an after thought. Would it be possible to recover data using some data
recovery software on SystemRescueCD.
Regards

Narendra Diwate