[ubuntu-in] ubuntu lullaby timer

Linux Lingam linuxlingam at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 23:01:50 BST 2010

hi kingsly,

> > dear all,
> >
> > i'd love to drift to sleep listening to some audio or music playing via
> mplayer
> > on my ubuntu 9.04,
> > but obviously, once asleep, don't want to get up to quit mplayer and
> shutdown
> > the laptop.
> > likewise, i'd also love to wake up to mplayer after the laptop autoboots
> into
> > ubuntu.
> >
> > any way of doing this automagically?
>
> I used to use this to wake me up (Modify to suit your tastes!)
>
> #/bin/sh
>
> aumix -w 10
> aumix -v 10
>
> ogg123 -qz ~/Music/Vivaldi\,\ Antonio/The\ Four\ Seasons\ and\ Violin\
> Concertos/*flac &
>
> for vol in `seq 1 9`
> do
>        aumix -w +10
>        aumix -v +10
>        sleep 5
> done
> ## End of Script ##

vivaldi! now i knew of a guy long ago,
who claimed you could get him to sign a blank cheque
if he were in the middle of listening to the four seasons.

> Save it as wakeup.sh
>
>  and
>
> at -f wakeup.sh now+5 hours
>
> or
>
> at -f wakeup.sh 5am
> (man at for more funky time options)

yup! but... how do i ever wake up,
if my laptop never boots again
after lulling me to sleep and executing an auto-shutdown?
what a nightmarish scenario that would be
if i did not have a biological override to that.

am using ubuntu 9.04 on a macbookpro 5,1
and ubuntu boots over rEFIt that then takes it to grub.

regards

> You can do the whole volume thing with negative values and longer sleeps to
> create a lullaby.sh script
>
> Kingsly

niyam bhushan