[ubuntu-in] Off Topic: Running Laptop/Desktop for a long time?

Mehul Ved mehul.n.ved at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 18:14:32 BST 2010

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 10:32 PM, nagendra prasad
<nagendra802000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This is just off topic, but I have just noticed that my laptop is running
> from 3 days and 2 hrs. My question is will it affect on my laptop's hardware
> compenets or not? Will it be harmful for a laptop or a desktop to run for a
> long time? I know it depends on temperature, but its raining from past 4
> days in Hyderabad so its pretty much cool here.

I used to run my desktop for almost 24/7 for a good 3-4 years. It
lasted me for 5.5 years before it finally died last week due to rain
water  seeping in and frying to mobo.
But, one thing is very important, a good SMPS. And also good backup
power supply, though I never had to bother about that.