[ubuntu-in] keyserver.ubuntu.com timeout ..

Easwar Hariharan meindian523 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 07:12:20 GMT 2010

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 12:36 PM, shredder12 <shredder12 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sanjay Bhangar wrote:
> > Me: Hello, err.. I'm trying to access the ubuntu keyserver which seems
> > to be using a non-standard port for https which you seem to be blocking?
> > Them: What?
> > Me: I err.. I'm trying to access something that's not working.
> > Them: Sir, can you click on Start button .. ?
> > Me: I don't have a Start button.
> > Them: What?
> > Me: Um, I use Ubuntu.
> > Them: Sir, it must be a virus. Can you please try restarting Windows
> > and trying again .. ?
> > etc...
> haha,
>
> Hello Sanjay,
>
> I had a similar issue. You can upload your key on any of the keyserver
> websites. These websites remain in sync so within a few hours your key
> will be on the ubuntu key server. You may try any of these two.
>
> http://pgp.mit.edu/
>
> https://keyserver.pgp.com/
>
> Regards,
>
> Shashank

Shashank, you missed the point. Sanjay doesn't want to upload his key, he
wants to add a key as trusted to his keyring. I would think both pgp.mit.eduand
keyserver.pgp.com would use the same port as keyserver.ubuntu.com. Correct
me if I'm wrong here.

Sanjay, that was really good. :)

Regards,
Easwar
Registered Linux user #442065
Charles de Gaulle<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/c/charles_de_gaulle.html>
- "The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs."