[ubuntu-in] MEDIA CONVERSION

nagendra prasad nagendra802000 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 12:53:28 GMT 2010

Hi All,

I have been looking this media conversion topic in few past email. So, I
guess people are confused with media conversion esp converting MP3 or more
detail any DVD video into AVI format. Here is the legal points which you
should remember while converting any media. You can convert any audio or
video to any format as long as you have the original audio/video with you.
Let me put it with an example: You have 10 audio CD with you and you want to
listen those songs in your car/mp3 player/ipod etc. In this case you can
convert all those 10 CD's to MP3 and carry only one CD/DVD with you instead
of carrying all 10 CD/DVD. The same rule apply with video as well. If you
have original DVD video with you and you just want to watch it on your
Desktop/Laptop you can convert it in AVI format and watch it lets say  while
you are traveling. But in India people say their is no rule for media
conversion which is totally wrong. However no one will come and catch you
with those converted CD's or DVD's as long as you are not selling it
publicly. But giving my experience their are rules for media conversion as
well. So, if you are using any MP3 or AVI for your home purpose don't worry
:)

Best,

--
Guru Prasad