[ubuntu-in] unable to connect with BSNL EVDO in Karmic

Moz listmoz at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 08:13:24 GMT 2010

Hello,

SOLUTION :

> Assuming that the storage device is the issue,
> then it can be resolved by installing
> and activating usb-modeswitch.
> Please google for instructions to install
> and use usb-modeswitch on Ubuntu.
> It is fairly simple and often a one-time process.
> Package is installed via synaptic-package-manager.
>
> I have had successes on two Ubuntu support calls
> with this approach, and thereafter do this
> as default for all data-cards where I know
> it has some storage. (most of the current
> EVDO and 3G usb devices have the driver
> software on that storage).

Thanks for this. This is something I have not explored so far, and I will,
for I have this problem frequently on another system. But for my  BSNL EVDO
connection problem from Karmic, it is now resolved because they had made an
error in configuring the device they gave me, they had configured it as a
CDMA 1x device, but I had bought an EVDO plan so I was trying to connect
through that. I've had it reconfigured and the issue is now resolved.

Sincerely,

Moz