[ubuntu-in] Multimedia animation related good software for creating 2d , 3d avator in ubuntu linux.

Linux Lingam linuxlingam at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 19:58:14 GMT 2010

hi ambika,

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 5:42 PM, ambika divya <ambikadivya at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all , I am in need of some good software for creating multimedia
> animation ,avator etc . Some one help in this regard , i am unaware of
> package software available in open source communities . Please post
> good softwares with your reviews. Thanks.

i browsed through your websites to discover you are into kathak dance
and also learning software-programming.
therefore, may i recommend a software, which is muft-and-mukt, that is
under the GPL,
which is used for dance-choregraphy and animation:

gepetto
http://laurent.riesterer.free.fr/gepetto

the above software works, though has been lying dormant in its further
development for some years.
you could perhaps consider adopting it, and maybe also contribute to
its evolution.

+

the steep-learning curve of blender3d should not deter you, i hope.
this is a 3d model, animation, rendering software.
pradeepto usually chimes in with a suggestion for K-3D, but i find it
a bit buggy (okay okay, will check out the latest version... ;-) )

+

pencil is another software that allows for hand-drawn animation using
both vectors and bitmaps.
http://www.pencil-animation.org/

+
then there's 'stopmotion' that allows you to create stop-motion video
using images grabbed from a video device.
http://stopmotion.bjoernen.com

+

synfig.org has a vector-animation software handling upto film quality,
without the use of 'tweening'. check out the demo videos on the site.

+
pradeepto would recommend Ktoons,

then there are the core apps for graphics:
inskcape for vector images, gimp for pixels, scribus for dtp, kino for
basic video-editing.

in case you need recommendations for authoring audio, sound-editing,
and music, let me know, will recommend the more popular ones.

finally, do consider publishing some kathak beginner lessons using a
creativecommons.org license, on web-video sites such as blip.tv or
others.

regards
niyam bhushan

> --
> visit my website and celebrate an ancient art
> http://ambika.web.officelive.com/default.htm
>
> My new website with kathak forum  http://ambika.99k.org
>
> visit my blog www.kathakguru.blogspot.com
> http://www.careerhelpforu.blogspot.com/