[ubuntu-in] does wine works on 64bit ?

Jkhatri khatri.jatin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 05:56:44 GMT 2010

On 02/10/2010 09:44 PM, Mallikarjun(ಮಲ್ಲಿಕಾರ್ಜುನ್) wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 4:13 PM, Jkhatri <khatri.jatin at gmail.com
> <mailto:khatri.jatin at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     I'm using 64bit kernel and using wine to run some standalone Exes
>
>     but I'm getting following error
>

>     if I run wine foo.exe
>
>     it says
>

>     wine: '/home/username/.wine' is a 64-bit prefix, it cannot be used
>     with
>     32-bit
>

> It does work flawlessly, I am using since last 2 years.
> Can you share more information on the exe file you tried to install
>
> If I am not wrong, wine emulates 32 bit windows, so can install 32bit
> apps (Only my assumption)
>

>     --
>
>     Jatin Khatri
>
>     Web www.khatrijatin.co.nr <http://www.khatrijatin.co.nr>
>     <http://www.khatrijatin.co.nr/>
>
>     www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin
>     <http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin>
>     <http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin>
>
>     Phone (+91) 98250 20393
>
>     Save Paper, Save Environment.**
>     /*(Plant at least one tree in your life and nurture it !!!)*/
>

>     --

ya

me also using it since last 2 or more years ..... but after gating the
update to version 1.1.36 , it is not working

it cannot run 32bit apps and 64bit apps ,,, but wine-notepad is working
fine ... I'm able to run winecfg also

right-now I'm trying to run irfanview 32bit [1] .... ( though I'm using
portable Iview )

[1] http://www.irfanview.com/

Regards