[ubuntu-in] Applications for Kids/Educational

Onkar Shinde onkarshinde at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 11:28:28 GMT 2010

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 6:29 AM, Narendra Diwate
<narendra.diwate at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 9:47 PM, Rohan Garg <rohangarg at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>>
>> Kdeedu might be of particular interest
>> http://packages.ubuntu.com/maverick/kde/kdeedu
>
> Thanks for responding. Gnome apps would be better as that is the system that
> i currently have.

A game called tuxmath comes to mind. It is nice game about basic math
operations. Also I have heard that tuxpaint and tuxtype are nice apps
for children.
gbrainy is also nice game but it may be too much for 4 year old kid.

You may want to install edubuntu-desktop package. It is a metapackage
which pulls in lot of applications targeted at children.

Cheers,
Onkar
Don't ask why - the reason is the same.