[ubuntu-in] What software to use to

Sreekanth B gnuyoga at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 05:30:29 GMT 2010

Hi

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 10:48 AM, Ramnarayan.K <ramnarayan.k at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> Am actually looking for two advise one is OT
>
> The first is what software is there that can be used to connect a mobile
> phone to ubuntu and then use Ubuntu to do some messaging through the mobile
>
> Basically  i would like to start a sms based news / alert service.
>
> Second question which is OT - what kind of mobile phones have this
> compatibility.

 The best fit would be Android and symbian device at this point as it has
extensive support and tool chain which works very well with linux (in
general). I have previously worked (in fact played around) in both  of them.
Dont remember the specific apps but has python api which you could extend
for your needs.

-S