[ubuntu-in] how to play collated audio-clips from in-the-middle

Linux Lingam linuxlingam at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 22:54:06 BST 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 4:33 AM, Sanjay Bhangar <sanjaybhangar at gmail.com> wrote:
> hmmmmmmm ..... :)
> (inline)
>
> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 3:40 AM, Linux Lingam <linuxlingam at gmail.com> wrote:
>> dear all,
>>
>> bewildered no software exists to do this,
>> and thankful if you point me to one:
>>
>> 1. take several mp3 files.
>> 2. create a playlist that sequences audio-clips from within these mp3-files.
>>
> I've faced this need several times also, and to be honest, have not
> found an adequate solution. In my case, I would normally need this
> feature for video files. In the end, I had a little script that would
> use ffmpeg to cut the video files, create new files, and make a
> playlist out of that.[snip]

thanks sanjay for your humming response :-)
[aside: gora, by the way, frowns upon emoticons]

the problem exists with video-segments too.
i think i'm not looking hard enough.
am sure radio stations need this 24x7.
even tv stations need to create such playlists.

surprising it is so hard to find this, eh! Sanjay?

regards
niyam

> -Sanjay

niyam bhushan