[ubuntu-in] Configure Airtel GPRS in Ubuntu 10.10

Gora Mohanty gora at sarai.net
Sun Aug 29 17:18:33 BST 2010

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 21:33:01 +0530
"S. Kartik" <drskartik at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
>                                    I have gone through this site
> http://www.ubuntu-in.info/wiki/GPRS_Howto , this mainly talks of
> using bluetooth connection and I get stuck while editing
> rfcomm.conf : I am unable to type the settings into the file.
[...]

Er, unable to "type the settings" in what way? Please provide us
with details of what you have tried.

You probably need to have super-user privileges to write to that
file, in which case you should use "sudo", e.g.,
  sudo <your_editor> /etc/rfcomm.conf
Replace <your_editor> with the editor of your choice,
and /etc/rfcomm.conf with the actual file location.

Regards,
Gora