[ubuntu-in] Claws Mail

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 19:04:26 BST 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 11:17 PM, Gora Mohanty <gora at sarai.net> wrote:

> Sorry, but this still sounds really strange to me. I did the
> 2GB sync on a moderately good wireless connection, i.e., one
> that glitches once in a while, without issues.
>
> thats the problem, our gmail - pop service has gone through lots of twists
and turns - first thunderbird on Ubuntu, they shared with windows (same data
different OS's being able to access it using their thunderbird) then only
Linux thunderbird and then kontact. There were internet outages that lasted
ages - months when the only internet was dial up and it was a pain to
download only the subject lines of messages and not have the full mail. So
tried to restart on a "good" connection from the beginning (resetting in
gmail to download from start) and invariably it would download till about a
year before current (now its 2 - 3 years before current and then give up.

So a friend wrote the script to bypass some of gmails restrictions on how
much mail could be downloaded in one go and thats how i have managed to
download all the mail in just a few sittings (my gmail is using 5.85 GB) and
another friends is using about 5 GB

> > The solution :
> Kewl. Glad to hear that you managed to get it working. I like
> Claws Mail more and more each day. It is slowly slipping into
> the wonderful category of software that just works, and that I
> do not have to pay particular attention to.
>
> Kewl = cool - had to look that up ;-)

Yes claws is clawing its way to a lot of recognition and i hope it does not
get bloated like the others.

My problem with kmail is similar to what effects kde - they work well but
they have too many linkages - when you install kmail it also installs tonnes
of other stuff and they start to slow the system down like crazy.

anyways thats about it for now MTFBWY

ram