[ubuntu-in] Claws Mail

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 15:50:21 BST 2010

Issue Solved - really quite simple in the end (see end of mail)

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Gora Mohanty <gora at sarai.net> wrote:

> Have been using claws-mail for a couple of years now, and am happy
> with it. It downloads from my Gmail accounts (both POP3 and IMAP4)
> without issues. Have even synced close to a couple GB of mail once.
> I suspect that downloading stopping might be more due to network
> issues.
>
> Am not sure what the issues where but even on the fastest network i could
find i.e, on US University connections thunderbird and kmail failed their
tests so now am using the hack to get my gmail off line first and now into
claws.

> Not sure what you mean by "importing Maildir". As usual, Google
> turns up many likely-looking links. Here are a couple from searching
> for "gmail claws download":
> <http://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Installation_and_Configuration#Does_Claws_Mail_work_with_Gmail_accounts.3F>

The solution :
After claws in setup and you have your account in place the justr drag and
drop the individual maildir files into appropriate folders - Yes simply drag
and drop - it could not be easier.

This is so wow

So problem solved.

thanks