[ubuntu-in] 64-bit - Not recommended for daily desktop usage, (and problems in i5 processor)

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 18:11:15 BST 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 10:21 PM, S. Kartik <drskartik at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have switched over to from 32 bit to 64 bit since the launch of
> Maverick Meerkat.
> So far have not faced any major issues. Only problem which I faced was
> that google earth does not run on 64 bit.
> Probably the issue is of RAM, one should have at least 3-4 GB RAM to run
> 64 bit systems. It is worth a try if you have the hardware. I have a
> Dell Vostro laptop with 3 GB RAM.

Am testing the machine own, personally, ;-) its a fantastic i5 lenovo with 4
Gig RAM.

Google earth runs fine, as does everything else.

am Using the 64 bit Ubuntu OS.

It has an NVidia Card which is  not yet running of the propreitory driver,
so just installing that to see if it will resolve the problem.

ram