[ubuntu-in] CONFIGURE EMPATHY WITH YAHOO INDIA

Narendra Diwate narendra.diwate at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 17:42:09 BST 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 12:15, Karan Mehta <genius.karan at gmail.com> wrote:

> i m  not able to configure Empathy with Yahoo India address.
> Please help I m using Development Version on Maverik Meerkat..plz help

I dont think yahoo india allows POP and SMTP access to mail unless its a
paid for service.
To quote from Yahoo "The ability to access Yahoo! Mail using an email reader
program such as Outlook, Eudora, or Thunderbird is only available to
customers of our premium Yahoo! Mail Plus
<http://mailplus.mail.yahoo.com/>service. To determine whether you
have purchased this service, please visit
the My Services <https://ordering.yahoo.com/> page."

In other words, unless you have subscribed to there paid offering, NO POP.
so no empathy.

Sorry, No pun intended.