[ubuntu-in] [FYI] Ubuntu 10.04 LTS & Updates

Hardik Dalwadi hardik.dalwadi at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 30 07:15:13 BST 2010

Hi,

I hope everybody is aware with Change :). Now, after installation of
Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, you need to do "apt-get update" before you install
anything from repository (In my case). But i afraid, it could not reach
/ fetch to / from in.archive.ubuntu.com. So, i decided to change my
repository to Ubuntu Main Server. Here is how you can change  your
repository to main server.

Go to -> ALT + F2 -> 'update-mangaer' -> "Settings..." -> Select First
Tab "Ubuntu Software" -> Select "Main server" from list box, instead of
"Server for India" -> "Close"

Note: I think according to Time Zone, Ubuntu selects Repository while
installation.

Thanks,
--
Hardik Dalwadi