[ubuntu-in] OT: gmail sms recovery (was leina yar)

Manish Sinha mail at manishsinha.net
Sat Apr 24 20:07:48 BST 2010

On 4/24/2010 11:06 AM, Ramnarayan.K wrote:
> On second thoughts had some more questions
> 1. What will google do with the mobile phone numbers (general question)

Whatever they do, they won't spam us like those private banks, insurance
companies etc. The benefit you get is password recovery.

> more important question
>
> 2. Won't the folks cracking an account also start by changing the
> recovery information

I don't think you can change the mobile sms recovery number you set. I
havn't tried it out yet, but believe that google should implement it the way
* You try to remove your mobile number
* A sms is sent to this number giving an un-subscribe code
* You have to go to the "remove sms recovery" page and enter this code.

I will check out whether this is the implementation or not.

--
Manish Sinha